When the I.T Industry was just picking up in the early 80's, construction project management and manufacturing were in a much advanced state when it came to processes and procedures. Naturally, I.T Projects were influenced by them. Unfortunately the nature of work in I.T projects and Construction projects are totally different.
- In most of the I.T projects, the work start even when the scope is not fully clear
- Change is easier when compared to construction, as it involves changing some lines of code only
- Team sizes were relatively smaller when compared to I.T projects
- Most of the team members were highly educated
- Most of the team members were co-located
- Even in a distributed environment, communication is easier as most of the team members have access to gadgets which can help them to communicate any time from anywhere